Sunday 20 March 2011

Sunday so good

Ah, Sunday, the last bastion of peace before the craziness of the week sets in.  Highlight of today, I skipped 1050 jumps.  I got to 900 and said I'd go til I got caught up in the rope.  I hadn't expected to make it so far, but was pretty impressed.  My chins are killing me.  Is anyone else finding that?  I might start swapping jump rope for a swim once a week just for a bit of a break.

I really enjoyed reading Patrick's e-mail the other day about how your body and mind changes a few weeks in to   this programme.  Cheers for that, P.  I could relate to the BM and the balanced outlook on the world. I also have found I am generally tired all the time.  Case in point, a two hour nap this afternoon.

Today was another major shopping trip. I was laughing to myself.  24 aisles at my local Sainsbury's and I can only shop in five of them with the PCP diet.  If that doesn't give you an idea of how much crap is sold in supermarkets that isn't that good for out bodies, then I don't know what does.

On the food front, I'm following Patrick's method and only doing fish.  I know we are only on day 20, but can anyone give me some imaginative ideas for carbs please.  I have done whole wheat pasta three times a day every day now and so looking for something different. What is everyone else eating?

I think I am starting to see some changes to my body, but still need to do some way to lose the gut. 70 days to go, it's gotta disappear by the end of it surely :).

Had dinner with mates on Friday night and then headed out on the town.  6 bottled waters later and didn't even want any alcohol.  I'm surprised at how little I miss alcohol.  I wish the same could be said for Haagen-Daas Ice Cream.....at least it's far from my mind as I don't go down that aisle anymore.

Ok, time for bed here PCP'ers! Keep it up everyone!!


  

3 comments:

  1. That tired feeling means your muscles are getting some serious growth this week. Expect to feel very strong in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread, Rice, Oats to name just a few different carbs. I have been making a lot of brown rice because it is so flexible and holds the herbs better than noodles do. But I must have a hot roll for breakfast as my carbs so I can wipe up all the yummy egg yolks that spill!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couscous is a goodie as it sticks to veggies well and has a nice nutty taste. Also, quinoa, and the inevitable genmai, wholemeal rice.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete