Thursday 10 March 2011

Day 10

I am really starting to enjoy the exercises.  Although the skipping is starting to wreak havoc on my knees.  I used to do my knees in from running (which I have since given up) so am slightly concerned that the increase and constant repetition is going to cause pain and injury.  I've tried skipping on the grass but it doesn't really work. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reduce the impact on the knees?

The diet is going well but I'm probably falling behind in the measurements and getting the amounts right.  I definitely need to spend my weekends planning my food for the following week.  It's more time intensive than I had expected and with 10-12 hour days in the office, I'm struggling to coordinate everything.  

My exercises usually occur after 9:30pm and so its a race to blog and have a lot at all the emails that come through each day.  I'm trying to read a few blogs each night but I think it may not be sustainable for the remaining 80 days.  I'll likely reduce my blogs to a few times a week and then spend one of two evenings browsing and commenting on other peoples blogs.   I'm hoping work settles down over the next few weeks, and I can give more time and energy to seeing how everyone else is doing.

On a very positive note, I really think I am starting to see some changes in my body. The half meals for the first week definitely has started to reduce my belly.  And the 197 stairs I climb at Russell Square tube station seems much easier. :)

Ok, that's it for today. Off to bed for this PCP'er !!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil,

    I hear you on the knees. I was a rugby boy as a lad and knees and ankles, gone ! but, i've kept going, i really try and keep my legs together, let me knees support each other, i also bough a knee gaurd for my left which is more troublesome then the other...

    The squats and lunges help strenghen my knees and the overall movement. I also focus when doing these to control the movement, slow it down the whole way. Same when you do the station..

    If it's not too painful, hang in there and see if it gets stronger...

    You might already do this, but i hope it helps...

    All the best...

    ReplyDelete