Saturday 12 March 2011

Food shop galore

Massive revelation of the week has to be this:  Buying healthy food is so much cheaper than buying processed crap!!  Or maybe its that I'm buying the right portions rather than just eating lots of poor nutrients.  Either way, I felt extremely contented at the supermarket as I walked around proud of what was no longer in my shopping cart.

Ok, so it wouldn't be an understatement to say I am feeling a little stressed.  Works seems to have gone into overdrive and I'm struggling to keep up with workloads, food prep and getting my exercises done.  My neighbours must think I am mad skipping at 11:30 at night in the garden.  I read Patrick's email about the importance of rest.  8 hours!!!! I had to laugh.  Maybe on Sunday mornings, but if I get 7 hours through the week I am lucky and that's before I was doing all my exercises.  It made me think that sitting at a desk for most of the day might be equivalent to the missed hours of sleep.  Somehow, I am certain this is not the case.

One of the things I was hoping to get from this programme (other than a totally hot bod!!!) was the ability to deal with stress much better.  I know there is a proven link between exercise and stress reduction.   If I'm honest, this first week of eating properly has been pretty intense.  I'm looking forward to getting into a routine with it, but assume it'll take a few weeks before it gets completely embedded.

Happy Day 12 PCP'ers!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha --- love this food photo! :) I'm in the group just ahead of you.....happy PCPing.

    ReplyDelete