Sunday 3 April 2011

8 minute abs

Ok, so photo cable found and new pics up on flickr. Had a lovely weekend in Poole visiting a friends new home and now back in London and completed my exercises for the day.  I've also made the conscious effort to reduce my hours at work and my mantra for the remainder of this year is all about work-life balance.   Maybe I'll even have time to sort out a personal life.  Hmm, an ambitious part of the PCP plan, well maybe a nice unexpected result of it.

So, I think its time I kick it in to high gear.  Legs are looking good, but still fighting that slight gut still. Its definitely smaller than it was four weeks ago, but I'm guessing the last bit of flab will be the most stubborn.  So I've decided to do the 8 min abs twice a day in addition to the regular daily work out.  

I've also enjoyed reading other people's blogs.  It has definitely motivated me and refocused me. Thanks for that. I realised I was probably getting a little lazy with the exercises and so will focus on getting that burn every time.
 
I woke up yesterday morning and skipped very early just as the sun was rising.  The damp London air and the freshness of the morning were truly inspiring.  The stillness was breathtaking.  I am now seriously considering to starting my day with exercises rather than doing at the end.  I remember having a personal trainer a few years ago who told me to start the day doing something for yourself, because the rest of the day is often about meeting other's needs.  That seemed great advice then and still does.

5 comments:

  1. Totally with you on the inspring morning routine as opposed dreary evening routine, be it London, Hong Kong, whereever. Sets you up beautifully for the day...

    8 min abs twice daily? Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weight loss and definition is quite noticeable! Good for you! Keep us posted on how the 8 minute Ab thing goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Phil... Get into it... I like to see the 8min man regularly too - Burn factor is high!

    ReplyDelete
  4. twice a day on top of exercises and skipping wooow !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree with you on the work life balance mantra... This PCP thing is actually forcing me to be more mindful about work - get my stuff done efficiently during the day and get out at an reasonable hour - because I still need to cook and get through my workouts!

    ReplyDelete