Tuesday 26 April 2011

A to I to V....and dreaded food poisoning

Ok, so this has been a very crazy few weeks. After missing out on a few days of exercising due to the flu, I then went to the Help for Heroes Rugby match at Twickenham with mates and ended up getting food poisoning from a steak sandwich (no bun of course).  Needless to say, I have been housebound since Saturday evening and hoping to get back to exercises tomorrow. The good news is I have lost lots of weight, but the bad news is I am also afraid I have lost some muscle too.  Is that likely??

I am hoping the remainder of the programme is disaster free.  Fingers crossed.

A friend made a comment to me the other day.  He said my body has gone from 'A' shape to 'I' shape. Clearly what he meant was now my waist is no longer wider than my shoulders and that my shoulders are starting to look wider than my hips.  This is all a good thing.  I am hoping the 'I' will turn to a 'V' over the remaining weeks.  I figure as long as I stick to the programme and diet the next 40 days will see this happen.  That is, of course, when I can start to keep food down again.  Its been water and bananas only for four days now. Not fun.

My only other comment is that my suits and shirts look absolutely ridiculous on me. I will need to check my waist, but I think I have lost about 3 inches.  My trousers are swimmingly large on me and if it wasn't for my belt, they would not stay up. A new wardrobe at the end of the 90 days are a foregone conclusion.  It's shocking how much  I have lost over the last three to four weeks.  Here is hoping the muscle now starts to build up and kick on through.

2 comments:

  1. Want that V? It's all about Pull-ups, Chest Dips, and DaVincis! Work hard and change the letter one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rediculous.. awesome ! just imagine day 90 and the rest .... "amor fati" - love it all and enjoy the journey...

    ReplyDelete