Thursday 14 April 2011

I'm back

And just in time for day 45 - the half way mark.  First day of going full out on all the exercises following a crazy bout of the flu - and four days of inactivity.  I'm thinking it was similar to a mini-vacation and now its fifth gear for  the second half.

So here are some of the cool things I have noticed after 45 days of a great diet and exercise.

1. My belt is three holes in from when I started
2. I can get through my 75 minute tennis lesson without gasping for air at the end.
3. My tight shirts are now getting baggy - big shopping trip is the reward for that
4. I feel taller - I don't know why, but I definitely do.  I think my posture has improved - maybe that's it
5. I sleep so much better - although that might be from exhaustion
6. I am way more focused and productive at work
7. I'm looking forward to mowing the lawn without my shirt on - :)
8. I'm surprised by will power. Not one drop of alcohol or a one spoon on Haagan Das ice cream in 45 days.
9. My friends are brilliantly supportive.
10. I still hate planks, but I know its working.

So, I have decided my congratulation present to myself will be climbing Toubkal Summit in Morocco in early June.  Gotta love life!!!!

Ricky - you are still the guru :)

5 comments:

  1. That's a great attitude ! And thanks for the glowing compliments, you make me wanna do it harder...

    Morocco sounds sweet, Post PCP(june), I want to get away and lie on a beach !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going on a cruise in June to the Bahamas to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS... I will not be climbing anything but rather laying on a beach and sipping something with coconut and rum in it. But yes I will bring my jump rope ;)

    Sounds like a blast. Morocco is on my list of places to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I spent my 23rd birthday on top of Toubkai. Had the worst bloody nose. DO NOT buy clothes halfway through the PCP you'll only have to replace them again.

    Good progress man, glad to have you back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Patrick, would love to hear about it. I did Base Camp Everest last year, so heard this one is a bit more strenuous. Thinking I will run or skip to the top after this programme.

    ReplyDelete