Sunday 15 May 2011

Back to the blog

Hey All,

So I have been away from the blog for a while. Apologies for that.  Work has slightly taken over in the last few weeks and some other parts of life seem to have come to the forefront and taken over.  It's been a strange last part of the PCP and I definitely hold my hands up to not getting the most out of the last push to the end.

That said, I take some comfort in the fact that my body has never been in better shape and my diet is still going strong.

Will I achieve the 'ultimate' body by day 90.  No, and that is entirely my fault. Am I in the best shape I have been in for years and years. Absolutely.  My tummy has pretty much gone and my shoulders are wider than my hips.  I can now play 4 hours of tennis and not get too tired and my energy levels are higher than they are usually.

I think the most important thing for me as we close in on the last couple days is that I've gone 90 days without alcohol, chocolate, pizza's and ice cream......and even at this point I am not desiring them.  Mainstreaming this diet programme into my life doesn't seem so daunting anymore, and I am going to continue with the exercises. All in all, I feel I have a good foundation to continue moving past day 90 with.

I'm not sure how good people have been with being regimented with the programme but I am so mightily impressed from the blogs I have read about people's commitment.

As I start to reflect on this programme, a number of things are becoming clear.  I am more focused at work and in life than I have usually been.  I am surprised by my will power.  I've enjoyed the structure this programme has given my life.  Friends and colleagues comments have been inspiring and have helped me to get out the skipping rope when it was the last thing  I wanted to do.

Maybe every year, I should be repeating this programme......

3 comments:

  1. That's the trick, to get a solid 2-3 months away from the junk food. After that giving up the junk food is an easy task, you're way past the craving stage!

    ReplyDelete